Friday, August 19, 2011

Tradition

There has been a tradition started with the female members of my family.

Shopping.

Back to School shopping. When everyone is out of school, we're going to come up with a new title because we are definitely not stopping the tradition.

Last year I was not able to attend. Something about birthing a child two weeks previous didn't exactly make me keen on walking around a bunch of department stores for hours on end. But this year there were no excuses. I was present.

We always (meaning the last three years) meet in Twin Falls at Target. 9am sharp. Because the mall doesn't open 'til 10.

This year Grandma Call decided to come along with us. I was very surprised to see her. I didn't know if she would be able to hack the intensive shopping that she would have to endure...but she did.

This year was the most arduous. We shopped until 8:45pm. Almost 12 hours. Krystal is trying to get a second shopping trip because she didn't feel that she got enough. I think she killed me on Wednesday. I'm definitely going to need at least a week to recoup to do that again.

...Don't worry Karli, you're clothes are super cute and they make you look hot!

No comments: