Friday, August 19, 2011

One Year Checkup

I rescheduled Maycee's one year checkup three times, but it finally happened on Thursday.

Ugh.

Shots.

The nurses weighed and measured.

Maycee is no longer set to be a professional basketball player. She has dipped in height to the 50th percentile. She also dipped in weight to the 5th percentile. She is a lightweight. That is what my friend calls her, Lightweight...because her child, who is 7 1/2 months older than Maycee, could eat her alive.

Stats:
Weight - 17.5 lbs - 5th Percentile
Height - 29 1/4 in - 50th Percentile

I have been so worried about the shots. Gggrrrr. I hate those things, BUT totally understand them. However, that does not stop me from being nervous.

My sister, Karli, was with me when we went to the doctors. She couldn't understand my apprehension for the shots. She's 16. After the "procedure" I asked Karli if it was traumatic and she replied,

"Yes! That was very traumatic!"

...So I've traumatized my 16 year old sister from giving her children shots. Hopefully someday she will forgive me.

No comments: