Saturday, June 8, 2013

Kidisms

1. Cooper is the cutest walking baby ever.  He does the "diaper butt strut" in such a macho way.  We had a friend suggest that we dress him as the hulk for Halloween.  Paint him green and put him in a pair of ripped shorts.  He would be the cutest little hulk ever.

2. Two days ago I walked into my room to find Maycee playing on the floor just outside the master bath with a whole bunch of matchbox cars. The bathroom door was shut and the light was on.  That bathroom door is rarely closed and definitely does't have the light on when no one is in there.  I walked past Maycee to open the door and she yelled, "Mom!!  Don't go in there! There are ants!!!!"  Maycee pushed past me and and grabbed an old towel that she had put on the floor and proceeded to smash the ants one by one.

I love that she thought by shutting the door she would keep them out.

3. About a week ago I noticed that when we say prayer, Cooper folds his arms.  It is the cutest thing! He puts one hand on to of the other on his chest.  It's so funny how much more quickly kids pick things up when they are watching their siblings.

4. Maycee loves music.  She has a wide variety of likes.  Her current favorite would be '22', by Taylor Swift.  She has me turn up the radio as loud as I will allow and then runs around our island in the kitchen singing at the top of her lungs.  She actually does that with a lot of songs.  Every time one of those favorites comes on she asks me, "Is this my song?"

5. Cooper is now quite the conversationalist.  He jabbers all the time.  I love listening to him gab.

6. On Friday night we went to a baptism.  The two songs that we sang were two that Maycee knows very well, 'I Love To See The Temple', and 'I Am A Child Of God'.  Maycee sang at the top of her lungs.  Since I was playing the piano, I wasn't able to sit right next to her and interact with her.  I had tears of pride in my eyes and was also trying very hard not to laugh very loud.  That little girl is so cute.

7. Cooper sings.  Really, he does!  When I sing to him he uses his minimal language skills and moves his tone trying to mimic mine.  I know, I've said this already, but super cute.

8. Maycee thinks the baby is in her tummy.  The other day she put her hands on her tummy and said, "Sshhhh!!  My baby is sleeping.  Mommy watch, baby's kicking!" 

9. On Friday we went over to some friends' house for some root beer floats.  There ended up being three families altogether.  With all of our kids together we had 7 girls and Cooper.  The girls ran around the house screaming at the top of their lungs.  Because they could.  Cooper tried to follow them and ended up being plowed over numerous times.  He's getting pretty good at being the number one attraction in the demolition derby.

No comments: