Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The year of the quiet book

I am finally done.

I've been working on this project for a VERY long time.

I have to show it off.

AND my Mom did a TON to help me.

Beginning at the beginning.

Page 1:  Mom made our cutie barn!


Those are finger puppets


Page 2 & 3:  I made the music staff, Mom made the flowers.



 Page 4 & 5: I made the pocket full of letters and Stephen cut out all of the letters for me!  We have 2 full sets of the alphabet in our pocket.


Page 6 & 7: Mom made the clock.  I made the ark.  Stephen drew the template and drew the lines on the ark.  I never would have gotten this done with out the two of them...


All of the finger puppets came from IKEA.  There are 10!


Page 8 & 9: I made the town roads.  Stephen drew the template.  Isn't the temple awesome!  You can't tell here, but the temple is out of a sparkly felt...



Page 10 & 11:  I made the tree and the shoe.  Stephen drew the templates for both of them.



Page 12 & 13: Mom made both of these pages.  All of the pockets are full of little puzzles.  SUPER CUTE!



Page 14 & 15:  These pages are kind of a combined effort between my mom and me, but mostly my mom.  Memory!



Page 16: Mom made this page.


I made the cover.  It took me forever to figure out how I wanted that one...



The pocket is to hold the cars!



I am so proud of our little quiet book!  It seriously took F-O-R-E-V-E-R.  Let's just say I started this project shortly after Cooper was born...

HUGE thanks to Stephen and Mom!!!!!

Yeah for finishing!

2 comments:

Charisse and Kory said...

Super cute nd I am super jealous!!! Did you happen to make another one at the same time for me?!?....:-) I love it

Nicole Ray said...

So cute and talented! I need to learn how to use my sewing machine so that I can make one!!