Friday, November 7, 2008

Big Mama

My mother is not someone who is very technology fluent, but she does well holding her own.

My sister, Krystal, always texts her. At first my mom didn't know how to respond and she would get "mad" because she didn't have texting on her plan. She was charged 10 cents for every text that came in and 10 cents for every text going out. As her children, we have taken it upon ourselves to help her understand the need for texting.

Being the brilliant mother that she is, she figured out how to respond. Most responses are quips about how we were in big trouble for texting her or that she was going to beat us. We all just laugh. The only one who gets away with texting mom without a rebuke is our saintly brother, Kory.

Now, the reason for this post: I have been trying to convince my mom to start a blog. I texted her my request and she quickly responded with her usual "I'm going to beat you."

I told Krystal about my cause and she volunteered to text Mom the same thing.

Ten minutes later Krystal forwarded me this text from Mom, "You know that your big sister is in huge trouble and that would be in caps if i knew how. Big Mama"

My mother always signs her texts "Big Mama".

No comments: