Thursday, November 6, 2008

Thanks Mom & Dad!

A month and a half ago I was asked by Jen in our ward to be the guest speaker at Young Womens in Excellence. I was really surprised that she asked me because we had just moved into the ward, but was actually excited. I love to speak.

Anyway, for the last month I have been talking to my mom about what I was going to speak on and getting any little tidbits that she could help with.

As the appointed day for me to speak grew closer my mom kept asking me to record my talk. I laughed at her...who owns tape recorders? I didn't even have one on the mission. She was determined. "Can't you find something to record it with?"

I wasn't that dilligent in looking.

While sitting at work yesturday, I received a phone call at 2:30 from my Mom.

Mom: What time are you speaking?
Kami: 7:00
Mom: We're in the car and we are coming.
Kami: Really! Are the girls with you? Dad?
Mom: Yep, we'll be there at 6:00.

I WAS SO EXCITED!! I really have the coolest family ever. Thanks Mom and Dad for being such a great support.

Oh and if Kenna ever reads this, thanks for remembering Corbin Bleu. The girls really enjoyed that part of my talk.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i do what i can....