Sunday, November 30, 2008

Black Friday

Wow...my husband is a GREAT holiday shopper. To begin our crusade we got home on Thursday night (technically Friday early morning) at 1:30am and set our alarm to go off at 3:30am. We had to make it to Kohl's for when they opened at 4:00am.

Well, our alarm did go off at 3:30, but our bodies didn't really register that it was going off until 4:00. WE WERE LATE FOR KOHL'S!! We threw on our clothes and ran out the door. We were off for our big adventure. This is our first Christmas as a married couple and so we wanted to start it off right. Black Friday.

As soon as we pulled into Kohl's we knew that our poor, tired bodies should have shaken awake at 3:30. That place was packed! We followed a couple of girls to their car so that we could have a parking spot. As soon as we parked we skipped our way into Kohl's to get our first official Christmas decoration...a Christmas tree! We had been shopping all over for the last two weeks to see if we could find a good deal on a tree. We finally found our deal at Kohl's. We purchased a seven foot pre-lit tree for $69.99. Wahoo! The seventy dollar Christmas tree was definitely worth the 30 minute line that we waited in to purchase our new treasure.

After Kohl's we dashed over to Target to get our fill of cartoon movies that were on sale from $3.00 to $13.00. As I have said in a previous post, Stephen and I love cartoons. I won't tell you how many movies that we purchased, or how much money we spent, but I am content. Oh, by the way, for those of you who read this that live in the Boise area, the Target on Eagle and Fairview is very disorganized on Black Friday.

Finishing our second feat, we raced to Fred Meyer for their famous sock and slipper sale. After going to Fred Meyer on Black Friday, I decided that that place is where I will go first. At least I will be there when it first opens. They had the best sales. You really wouldn't think so because normally they are so expensive, but that is not the case on Black Friday. We are now stocked up on socks and have fun slippers for both of us.

All in all I think that Black Friday was a lot of fun. We talked to quiet a few people who also had dark circles under their eyes and were sleep deprived. Yeah for people who have the Christmas spirit on Black Friday!

When we walked in the door after our excursion, Stephen said, "I want to wear my new slippers." I immediately told him, that it was for Christmas and would have to wait until then to wear them. He wasn't too happy with that, but it's for Christmas! Boys...I have decided that it is VERY difficult being married and keeping presents secret. We both kind of ruined a few secrets just because we couldn't really get away from each other. We'll see how it goes for the rest of the presents.

To finish up where I left off, Stephen is a GREAT holiday shopper. Last night we went out to eat at one of Stephen's favorite places, Taco Del Mar. The entire time we were there, I was just gabbing on about this and that. I stopped after a bit and realized that Stephen wasn't participating in the conversation and had a dazed look in his eye. I said, "Stephen, what are you thinking about?"

He said, "Oh I was just thinking about Black Friday and hoping that we hit all of the sales that we wanted."

Again I say, my hubby is a great shopper.

No comments: