Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Testimonial

I received an email recently from my mother entitled "Vick's vapor rub". According to the author of the named email, you can cure any cough by rubbing vapor rub on the bottoms of your feet rather than your chest. They say that it is that much more potent. Considering that Stephen has had a cough for the last few days, I decided that I had a guinea pig to try this little project on...

Stephen was laying on couch, dying, the other night. I sat next to him with socks and the Vick's in hand. I pulled up his feet and started to massage them. To this, he had no contrary remark. Of course!

After a few minutes of rubbing his feet, I pulled out the Vick's and began rubbing it all over the bottoms of his feet. He looked at me and stated, "What are you doing?!"

To which I replied, "I just want to try something."

Stephen is quite a mellow, easy going character, so he complied. I finished putting on the Vick's and then the completing my work of art with socks tightly squeezed on his feet.

I went to the kitchen to finish making dinner. Five minutes later Stephen said, "Kami! What did you do to me? I can...taste it."

Woohoo! It works! As a side note, it didn't completely take his cough away, but it helped to soothe his cough and helped to get rid of the congestion.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh how funny..I was wondering if that really worked :)

Nicole Ray said...

That is funny because my dad told me this and I tried it with Hunter but I didn't notice any difference with him. Someone told me that this was just an urban legend! Maybe not? Just never put onion juice in your ear when you have an ear ache!