Thursday, November 6, 2008

What are white crayons for?

When I taught my primary class a couple of weeks ago, I was a little ahead of schedule so I had to improvise. I decided to have the kids help me with our sharing time for Thanksgiving. I had the kids all draw pictures of things that they were thankful for so that we could hang them up in the primary room while we were presenting our "awesome" sharing time.

One little boy in my class is really, quite smart. He retains a lot of things. Some things you probably don't want him to, but to no avail. He remembers. We'll call him Billy.

All of my little primary kids were kneeling on the floor while diligently coloring their works of art. Billy got up in the middle of coloring and asked me if he could use a white crayon. Figuring that Billy was just trying to be silly I handed him the crayon and gave him a leary look. He eagerly took the crayon and again began to work on his picture.

Thirty seconds later Billy got up from his chair with a wide grin and handed me his picture. I carefully examined it. Looking closely at the picture with a the light shining just right, you could see a stick figure person. I asked him, "[Billy] who is the white person in your picture."

He quickly replied, "It's the Holy Ghost, Sister Post! You can't really see him, but you know that he is there."

Aren't kids so smart?

No comments: